Mini Adsense

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A sudden realisation

Post a comment Print or Download as PDF

I have watched way too many series related to Emperor Yongzheng in one form or another. Way too many! But I am still a fan of his. Whatever history may try to depict him, I do believe there is some truth in the version between Yong Zheng Wang Chao and Bu Bu Jing Xin, you know what I mean? He wasn't some despot but he was not simple minded fool who got lucky either. And I do believe Kangxi gave him the throne because that was what his mind told him though his heart may have wanted someone else. I always thought if he had become emperor earlier or became an emperor much longer history may prove him as every bit as damning the past used to depict him, after all that was what happened to his son Qianlong or what did happen to his father Kangxi where his later years descended into a total mess in regards to succession and corruption. So in hindsight dying after a mere 12 or 13 years rule was to Yongzheng just perfect timing. Now history remembers him not as the one in the middle of 2 great emperors but the one who continued the line and passed on a great one to his son. Yes, I am a fan, even before BBJX by the way. And more confirmed after I've seen his residence with my own eyes. A man with such elegant exquisite controlled taste with such discipline in his beautiful handwriting can't be that crazy.

Why I am suddenly posting this? Because I just thought of Bu Bu Jing Xin which I do think about once in a while.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for the timebeing.