Mini Adsense

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, December 3, 2012

ASTRO AOD Awards 2012 : The awesomeness, period!

Post a comment Print or Download as PDF

04.12.2012
REACTION TOWARDS THE RESULTS


Frankly I didn't know much about the nomination list for the ASTRO AOD Awards. I just went to the live show to do some celebrity spotting. Overall, all series are included right up until The Confidant and the list was drawn up before The Confidant was broadcast, hence the missing Power Chan and Raymond Cho names. If not they would have certainly be in it. This is perhaps the most unfair nomination list with regards to The Confidant and even Silver Spoon Sterling Shackles, both of which should have been included for 2013 list. Anyway the voting is 100% fan votes from what I hear so if you want the fairest results for fans, this award is it. Whether I agree with the results or not is not important since fans voted for the winner and so the winner is well deserved in terms of MOST FAVOURITE which IS the title of this award as opposed to TVB's BEST which is always shrouded in secrecy and so is less credible. But if any consolation to the losers, this is essentially a popularity contest but every performance's popularity is at the end of the day dependent on the impact the character made in the eyes of the viewers and the likeability of the actor portraying that role.

Anyway, the winner's list and my reaction;

My Favorite TV Series
The Hippocratic Crush

No comment. Since The Confidant was just quarter way when voting closed, perhaps this result may have been different if The Confidant finished broadcast. But this series is popular when it was broadcast and raised the profile of Kenneth Ma.

My Favorite Actor in a Leading Role
Kenneth Ma (馬國明) in The Hippocratic Crush

Perhaps the biggest non surprise for me since I always said he will win. I have a feeling for the TVB awards, he too will be the winner. 2012 is Kenneth's year whether you like it or not. As an actor, he has lots to improve on though. However Damian Lau may win it and Kenneth will probably concede defeat since Damian is the better actor and gave a better performance. Anyway personally for me Michael Tse in Sargaent Tabloid was a better performance than Kenneth Ma in The Hippocratic Oath.

My Favorite Actress in a Leading Role
Tavia Yeung (楊怡) in The Hippocratic Crush

Again I feel this year is Tavia's year as well for whatever role she is in. My preference is she wins for Silver Spoon Sterling Shackles which is a more dramatic role than The Hippocratic Crush. For TVB awards, maybe Kate has a chance for Highs & Lows but since Tavia essentially sold her soul to TVB when she ditched her actress background for the popular entertainer personality she is now, Tavia deserves an award just for that. Kate for me has to wait 1 year longer at least to show consistency. 

My Favorite Classic Role (5-Year Anniversary Special Award)
Michael Tse as Laughing Gor in E.U

 I was shocked at his win. I expected Chai Gau from Rosy Business. In fact amongst the list of 5 characters, I thought Lau Sam Ho from Beyond The Realm Of Conscience wasn't that classic character. But as Michael made his speech I realise the biggest impact for the past 5 years was Laughing Gor. I mean he died, he was alive, he died again, alive again, made movies, made series, even a shrine was created for him online. So yes, part 5 years, undisputed classic role. Moreover Wayne has since moved on from Chai Gau to give us other memorable roles anyway. I won't dispute this choice even if I don't get the whole Laughing Gor appeal.

My Favorite TV Actor in a Supporting Role
Him Law (羅仲謙) in The Hippocratic Crush

Another nominee for this list was Koo Ming Wah in Divas In Distress. Frankly, Him Law improved a lot in that performance, he was cute, he was sensible, he was playful. It was a good performance. But in impact, Koo Ming Wah made most impact in Divas In Distress and it was an excellent performance. No doubt Him Law is the popular choice but if this was voted by peers, Koo Ming Wah would have won this. Another 2 actors' name who should be on this list but overlooked were Power Chan for The Confidant who could have given this list a huge headache for fans if The Confidant was more than half way through when the list was drawn up and another my personal choice would be Raymond Cho for The Confidant. Alas, even in TVB awards Raymond's name is not in it. This is probably my only disputed results. But then Him Law is eye candy. Anyway during the nomination list was shown on screen another actor caught my eye, I think some criminal in Highs & Lows crying about being a rapist or something. One performance that should have been in this list is Michael Tse in L'Escargot. He was fantastic in that series and a much better performance than Him Law. In fact I can name quite a  few better than Him Law.

My Favorite TV Actress in a Supporting Role
Nancy Wu (胡定欣) in Gloves Come Off

Nancy Wu has always have a dedicated fanbase, even if it is not a large fanbase. I did not watch this series, so I have no comment. Again if Silver Spoon Sterling Shackles was truly included, Elena Kong would have been in this list and win it. Maybe in TVB awards. I seriously can't remember who else is in this list.

My Favorite TV Couple 
Kenneth Ma and Tavia Yeung in The Hippocratic Crush

My friend was hoping for Him Law and  Mandy Wong from Divas In Distress. I am GLAD this pair won because that pair from Divas In Distress is an insult. But how come Eliza Sum and Chin Kar Lok not in this list? Anyway Kenneth and Tavia made for a good enough pair for this award and a clip was shown how he proposed to her and all that. No dispute even if I feel truly I don't think they share any irresistible chemistry together. Maybe Bosco Wong and Linda Chung for this one?

My Favorite Most Improved Actor 
Oscar Leung (梁烈唯) in L’Escargot

Him Law should have been in here and won for this. But again no dispute.

My Favorite Most Improved Actress
Mandy Wong (黃智雯) in L’Escargot
The popular choice, I suspect even in the TVB awards. No dispute although I feel Sire Ma should be in here.

My Favorite Promising Artist 
Koo Ming Wah as So Gei in Divas in Distress

I don't get the name. I thought it was like special award or veteran award. Koo Ming Wah as most promising artist? Isn't he a veteran and too experienced for this?! Eliza Sum should be in this category, or even Him Law or Mandy Wong. Not Koo Ming Wah.

My Favorite TV Theme Song
Highs and Lows — Raymond Lam

WRONG!! Should have been for Last Steep Ascent!!

Top 15 My Favorite Characters
Ron Ng as Ting Koon Fung in L’Escargot
Kenneth Ma as Cheung Yat Kin in The Hippocratic Crush
Tavia Yeung as Fan Chi Yu in The Hippocratic Crush
Him Law as Yeung Pui Chung in The Hippocratic Crush
Roger Kwok as Emperor Chai Suen in Queens of Diamonds and Hearts
Michael Tse as Gordon “A1″ Lam in Sergeant Tabloid
Kevin Cheng as Tong Sap Yat in Gloves Come Off
Moses Chan as Cheung Sai-yon in Master of Play
Bosco Wong as Hui Wai Sam in Witness Insecurity
Linda Chung as Hailey Kiu Chi Lam in Witness Insecurity
Myolie Wu as Kris Wong Sze Fu in Ghetto Justice 2
Raymond Lam as Wai Sai Lok in Highs and Lows
Kate Tsui as Pat Chan Ka Pik in Highs and Lows
Wayne Lai as Li Lianying in The Confidant
Ruco Chan in No Good Either Way  

No comment except Roger Kwok shouldn't be in the list. In fact I was wondering what he was doing there at the awards and I thought Kevin should have been in this for Ghetto Justice II since he was basically slammed for his performance in Gloves Come Off.

More after Read More link.


03.12.2012  
MY THOUGHTS FROM THE VIEWPOINT OF AN AUDIENCE AT THE LIVE SHOW



>> VIEW ALL SELF TAKEN PICTURES HERE <<


I never in so much win anything, more so good tickets to anything. I didn't win the tickets to ASTRO AOD Awards 2012. My sister got it from a friend whose wife is working for ASTRO and when I got the ticket, I looked at it and it says ...





VIP 1, Seat VVIP D29. I figured the seat will be pretty close to the stage. The whole place isn't big, but since the ground is flat, the ones at the back must have difficulty watching. Once I was there, there is a small area for red carpet arrival, minus the red carpet. The stars will walk from their cars (entrance) and then straight and up the stairs to the floor above and disappear from view. A lot of people were already waiting, and it was Raymond Lam's fans who were ready with huge neon light signs and their very own fanclub jacket. Quite an interesting sight.

I did wait for a while and I an't remember who arrived first but one of the earliest ones were Wayne Lai and Nancy Wu and I saw them quite up close. Then I saw Virginia Lok. I saw Tavia Yeung, Him Law, Moses Chan and all of then smiled and walked away, fast. Myolie Wu smiled sweetly, walked slowly but also disappeared fast. Then it was Kevin Cheng, all in white with red cloth sneakers (he must like red, and chili red - and you will know why I know why it was cloth sneaker), who knew how to walk the red carpet. He walked slower than the rest, stopped, shook hands, smiled widely and walked away. So he was the one I managed to look closely and may I say, I once declared that he is TVB's handsomest actor, and not until I see him up close and personal do I get to verify my big claim. He is indeed very handsome, perfect features, absolutely gorgeous. Anyway by that time too many people gathered around and I got tired and so I decided to go to the Ladies and then walk into the hall, by which time red carpet event was over around 8pm or so and everybody was rushing in. It was like traffic jam and the staff saw my ticket and said I can use the VVIP lane.

Now, there were 4 lanes I think. First and least congested was Media/VVIP. The next 3 were VIP1, VIP2, VIP3. Mine said VIP1, but since my seat is VVIP, I got to use the media lane. Once inside, like a concert hall, spotlights made the place look rather blurry/smoky and like I said, it was not that big. By the looks of the place, I knew my seat was close to the stage. But I didn't expect it to be next to middle lane, and of course 3 rows from the stage. I was in 4th row. My friend asked me "Where were you? I wasn't sure I got the right place, so I asked the staff!" and I was like "Wah lau eh! So close! Should have worn better dress!!" which in retrospect is careless of me. I felt severely underdressed. But not until I realise who was sitting 2 seats in front of me. My friends and I were joking about Kevin sitting right in front of my row and yes, in the end he was sitting there. And Virginia Lok with the executives at the row next to mine, separated by the lane and so everytime the camera moved to Kevin, I was within sight with the rest. Suffice to say, I was self conscious since I am not exactly born with looks for TV. Anyway I sat there, laughing, joking, taking photos. We were allowed to take photos but not flash photography and I had my phone with 12MP camera so to me it was good enough. Right in front of me were 2 empty seats later occupied by 1 reporter. So basically I had an unobstructed view despite the ground being level. 

First row was for the TVB actors, all in my section. 2nd row was for I believe Miss International Chinese whatever. They were a waste of space in my opinion and did nothing but to be seat fillers. 3rd row was for the ticket holders, mostly journalists and photographers. I was at the 4th row. In my section, from right to left was as I remember ... Kevin, Myolie, Raymond, Tavia, Moses, Kate, Roger, then I can't see the rest so I do not know but I believe Mandy, Nancy, Oscar and Koo Ming Wah were the last 4 spaces. Kenneth was between Mandy and Nancy since he came much later, if not he would have sat more to the right. 

The show started at 8.30pm. No ads, no breaks, for 2 hours until 10.30pm. It was fast paced and well organised. The artistes were expected to walk up, take the award from the podium, walk to the mic and say speech however long, turn back and walk to the back. It was like a self service meal but it was efficient. Some looked confused as to where to go until the usher appeared at the back and showed the way.

There were 2 hosts at the front, and 2 hosts at the back of the hall giving commentaries Hosts were ok, though not interactive at all. Efficient but unmemorable. The show started from countdown, short clips, rappers sing and then each nominee introduced and they all came out and was very participative, as they danced, posed and smiled. To be honest they do looked like they were happy to be there. 

And the rest were awards, speeches and some jokes. The butt of the jokes was Tavia and Him's relationship, even the artistes themselves teased them with Kenneth saying in the sequel to Hippocratic Crush Tavia's character may marry Him's character but frankly it was getting old. There were a few tears, Him, Koo Ming Wah, Mandy, Nancy, they all cried despite knowing rather well that they may win but to be fair they cried when they won for those serious categories. And they were voted by fans, and Malaysian fans do have taste. Not much surprises for the night except until the middle of the show. However I shall leave that for later. By the way ASTRO calls the awards MY MOST FAVOURITE ... as opposed to TVB's BEST ... and so now I leave it up to you which is the better name and fairer system.

Meanwhile, my observation. I sat close enough to see enough. I was pretty surprised and some pretty shocked.

There are actors who look exactly as they are on TV, there are those who looks better on TV, some who looks better in person.

Generally, Myolie Wu looks exactly as she is on TV. Moses looks the same as well, except he is shorter than I expected. Wayne Lai looks exactly on TV, but he is much shorter and he has eyebags to challenge the most tired man on earth. Koo Ming Wah looks exactly on TV and he wore pink, quite a standout! 

But the one that looked far prettier in person than on screen, and I can attest to that since there were 2 giant TV screens there and seriously on screen she looked dark and ordinary but in person, slender, girlish, young and very pretty, that would be Nancy Wu. She wore a gown that can rival those teen ball gown and she looked very fresh, young and pretty. She was also very petite. Her eyebrows however were quite heavily drawn or something. Everyone was the same. 

Next would be Mandy Wong who looked seriously the only one who looked well fed and healthy, dark skinned, short hair but basically she looked the same as in TV except much prettier and bigger sized. But when I said bigger sized, I emphasise on not skinny BUT slim. Very pretty and nice dark lace dress too. 

Kate Tsui was very very slim. She was like wearing a white wedding gown, face heavily made up but yes, she is pretty but I couldn't quite recognise her. Myolie had on again a wedding dress white lace and perhaps the sexiest. She has the body to wear it. Short haired as well, rather slim. 

Tavia Yeung shocked me. She was tiny, in the sense she was very petite and very very thin. Her face is not very long in person but yes, her nose is seriously long and pointy. I get to see her side profile a lot since she was within my sight and she was always turning right to chat with Raymond Lam. Of all the ladies, she was the plainest to tell you the truth. Her dress was BDSM wedding gown, corset laced tight. Flat chested which doesn't suit the dress.

But body wise, Kate Tsui was petite but with curves whilst it would be Myolie with slim, petite with curves giving an illusion she was very tall. All of these ladies look tall on screen because they all wear minimum 5 inch heel but also because they are all very skinny and well proportionate. Only Mandy seemed to wear perhaps 4 inches or 5 inches and looking rather slim and not skinny. Let's not mention make up because they wore thick make up but kudos to the make up artistes because they didn't look silly. They all looked pretty in varying degrees, better in person than on TV. But seriously, Nancy was looking she was going for her prom night and she looked very girlish. So I don't get she always got cast as older roles or against much older actors when she looked so young!

For men, like I said a few looked like themselves on TV. Koo Ming Wah looked handsome, Wayne Lai may be short and stocky and tired looking but he looked very handsome in person. 


Him Law didn't look weird in person. He looked well proportionate except he wasn't tall but he definitely looked very good. I could see his thighs filling the pants. He has great complexion from where I can see, his head is small but he looked immaculate, handsome and less serious than I expected. 

Michael Tse surprised me. He looked better, younger in person and always smiling. 

Moses Chan as expected was very friendly and playful, tall and slim. His jacket must be oversized since I didn't feel he was skinny. He looked younger in person and rather gentleman looking. Ron looked slim. He didn't look fat, he wasn't very tall but he looked healthy. He was also very interactive with fans though he didn't smile much. None of them were rude or sulky by the way, just not very interactive with fans for some. 


Roger Kwok also the same except he looked old in person, wrinkly face. I was rather shocked by his appearance; as in youthful features, old skin and also why he was there. 


I already knew Oscar Leung would be skinny but I never knew he would be THAT skinny, very petite like  can punch him and he can drop dead. He wore skirt by the way, but it felt right. He was very playful as well though didn't smile much. But he was tiny! 


Raymond Lam was the one that was on the stage the most, and so he stood up and turned to the audience before walking to the stage at every time and each time I got to see him up close. He was wearing brown tweed-ish suit and he looked normal. Normal body, slim and healthy, dark skinned and always smiling, waving, etc. But I find something odd with his smiles, I just felt he was chok-ing all the time. Hard to explain, I felt he was not genuinely smiling or feeling shy. Like perfect showmanship, the place was his stage. Not a bad thing but not very true to life. But he was of course handsome but I thought he looked better on screen than in person. He was the most famous, garnering most cheer everytime he did anything. 

Kevin was my 2nd biggest surprise of the night. I expected him to be real skinny, but he looked normal, he was slim but healthy slim. White suit, red cloth shoes which I really liked, he was there, in front of me, so I could observe him well. He was relaxed, smiling happily and the one that interacted with fans the most by shaking hands or looking to the back and smiling widely when his name was called. He looked genuinely happy to be there. But what I love about him is, as he sat there for the rest of the show, opposite him was a unsmiling serious little girl siting cross legged and he often looked towards her, smiled and winked at her. The others didn't do that. He was perfectly charming and if I was that girl, I would have run up to him and hug him. He looked handsome, perfect features and great attitude. 


And last but not least, Kenneth Ma who was not expected to be there. When Tavia was making a speech for the Most Favourite Couple award, suddenly a clear voice said something like he was there or something. I can't remember but I remembered the scream, Tavia's genuinely shocked look and pandemonium. I looked back and there it was, Kenneth in black suit with silver glitter on its lapels and walking slowly to the stage, taking his time as he shook hands and he walked past me!! I managed a fuzzy picture. I was surprised by 2 facts; one is he was handsome. He looked like a prince walking into the ballroom to take the hand of his princess, that was the seriously shocked Tavia where it was that one time she looked truly flustered and genuinely unprepared. And Kenneth was famous I tell you! I cheered too! Second, I knew he would be tall, he was tall as in probably 5 feet 9 inches tall or so, but I never expected him to be so slender! I always thought he was bigger sized, he looked big next to his female costars but in person he was slender. He spoke with a slight sore throat from what I can observe but overall, if Kevin looked relaxed and happy, Kenneth looked a bit dazed and exceedingly shy. Very soft spoken and charming in his own way, I always said I want to marry Kenneth Ma. Seeing him in person and the genuine way he looked rather in awe of what he was witnessing and looking very shy, frankly I want to marry him even more. Decent bloke I tell you. I do not believe all those porn stuff he wants us all to believe; he is a shy dignified gentleman! Nothing fake, like Kevin, both seemed genuine but in a different sort of way. And yes he looked handsome, like a prince. I was very excited to see him. 


And both he and Him Law looked like they couldn't   believe they won the awards, Him already in tears, Kenneth looked stunned but once onstage, he was more composed but voice breaking. Very emotional for these 2. And many others as well. I believe in their reaction. But the funniest speech had to be Wayne's where he said something  like "I am serious about my craft, and so I decided to better portray my role (in The Confidant), I decided to castrate myself". Everyone laughed and it took Wayne Lai to be genuinely funny. He was eloquent. The rest was not as eloquent. 


Anyway Michael Tse sang and he sounded good and performed well. He was smiling the whole time. I suppose he learned to relax a bit more. The most relaxed was definitely Kevin. For the ladies, I can't say who was most relaxed but something was sorta off with Kate Tsui though she was never sulky or moody but didn't smile much. 


The best performance for that night was Virginia Lok. She looked like she does on TV, looking normal and quite pretty in person with her 6 inch heels, she was short but not tiny or slim but slender. She teared up at the right time, smiled at the right time, covered her mouth at the right time, etc. Everyone thanked her, Kevin even called her his boss (sigh... wrong!) and she purred, nodded, teared up, etc at the perfect time. Someone give her an award please!!

Anyway, it was an enjoyable night. I may not like some of the artistes for their performances but it is always exciting to see them in person, people you watched day in day out on TV. I left the place with good impression. Yes, the ladies are generally slim to slender (if I have to be honest, some do look like they need food), petite and short but proportionate. Seriously I am taller than all of them if they take off their heels, except maybe Myolie may be same height with me. But they were all pretty in their own way. The men were shorter than expected but most well built, slender, handsome features. All of them were smiling, looked happy to be there and cried at the right time. I do believe the tears as genuine, since some who got awards were veterans who never won awards.

Funnily, Tavia, Raymond and I forgot which one but one more all graduated from the same 14th TVB acting class. Tavia seems very close to Raymond, constantly speaking to him, he to her, thanked him profusely and even knocked his head for being silly! That was one of the few rare natural moments of either Tavia or Raymond. Other than that, these 2 seems to be giving their best performance for that night. I am not saying they were fake, I am saying they didn't seem genuinely natural either. After I came home, I watched the show again on TV and one person perhaps gave the most genuine reaction. When Kenneth announced his arrival, pandemonium, one man didn't smile. He didn't sulk, he just looked bored and perhaps thinking "What's the fuss?". One man and that was Ron Ng.

Anyway the show may have ended on TV but at the venue, the stars gathered onstage for group photos. Pandemonium as everyone rushed forward to take photos. 

I am not sure though anyone ever got autographs. I could have tried it with Kevin. I mean why ASTRO put the program guide with a huge notepad inside the file with a pen if not for autographs? Anyway got a nice document file holder inside, as you can see in the pictures below. Nicely done.

The event may not be terribly exciting, but it was well planned and classy. 3 singers from the ASTRO singing competition sang badly the 5 nominated songs (but interestingly on TV they sounded worse!) but the best of the night was the Battleground groups performing a dance routine and I recognised Mimi from Katoon Network and the member from ECX I think. It started without energy but towards the end, it was an exciting thing to watch! TV version did no justice to that segment!

My friend said it would have been perfect if Linda Chung, Bosco Wong and especially Ruco Chan could attend. I understand her sentiments. I would have loved to see them in person but Linda may be filming, Ruco probably filming and Bosco... Myolie is there... Would have loved it if I could see Raymond Wong as well, to see if he looked as pale. I suspect in person he will be rather good looking. 

Anyway one rather tensed moment was when Moses was making a speech, someone shouted Aimee's name and he tersely said "Please do not say that name". A lighthearted moment was Him Law first time making his speech and everyone shouted "Thank Tavia!!" and finally, he said "I also thank Yeung Yi... she helped me a lot in this role!". Yeah right! I believe the 2nd time he was crying and even made reference to his lowest point in his career (you know, THAT incident). The audience tried to do the same to Tavia but she didn't budge. She pulled Raymond onto stage instead. I love Kenneth's nervous speech where he was trying to speak and fans shouted and all and he shyly said "Please don't shout anymore, I am afraid the more you shout the more I forgot what I want to say and say the wrong things!". Cute moment. Kevin who received his award after Wayne said "I too am dedicated to my craft but maybe not to the extent of cutting.. well.. you know... not to that extent!" as he joked what Wayne said. Micheal Tse also joked about the longevity of his Laughing role, how he made 2 series, 2 movies out of one character and how much more can he do that to his other characters. Even he knows Laughing should be dead and buried I tell you! Nancy Wu was very eloquent too by the way, and quite emotional. Poor Roger had one awkward moment where earlier he mentioned he loved ASTRO because everyone is allowed no minimum time to make speech whilst in TVB it was always that finger circling the air action to indicate that time was running out. It was funny speech except spoilt by TVB's executive whoever who went on stage to directly tell Roger "Where there's TVB, there's always that gesture" and I am sure Roger felt awkward. Yeah, TVB big brother is everywhere!

Overall, quite an experience from such an awesome seat!

By the way if there is any doubt, I believe ASTRO AOD MY MOST FAVOURITE DRAMA AWARDS or something like that is 100% fan votes. Many may question why Power Chan was not nominated. At the time when nomination was out no one expected he would make an impact. I feel the cut off point should have been before The Confidant or even Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles which should be next year. Or the awards list released later because a few performances in Teh Confidant itself would have qualified and I am very sure Malaysia will be the first to give something to Raymond Cho. We do have good taste, for the most part.

02.12.2012
WOW! The seat was WOW! I was effectively at 4th row from the stage, in middle, looking at Kevin Cheng's back the whole time! I couldn't believe the seat, had to recheck and immediately regretted not wearing nicer dress and all! Wow! I could see everything clearly. Seen Tavia, Raymond, Moses, Kevin, Nancy, etc all up close, very up close. The pictures may look far, but it was close. Also saw Virginia Lok up close. Wow, awesome seats. Definitely a few unexpected surprises when seeing these familiar names so up close.

Anyway who was there?

Nancy Wu, Kevin Cheng, Moses Chan, Mandy Wong, Him Law, Tavia Yeung, Koo Ming Wah, Wayne Lai, Roger Kwok, Kate Tsui, Oscar Leung, Michael Tse, Myolie Wu, Raymond Lam, Moses Chan, Kenneth Ma (surprise appearance), Virginia Lok.

Apparently this year is the biggest turnout of TVB celebrities.

Will post the pictures later.

Anyway the winners ...


My Favorite TV Series
The Hippocratic Crush

My Favorite Actor in a Leading Role
Kenneth Ma (馬國明) in The Hippocratic Crush

My Favorite Actress in a Leading Role
Tavia Yeung (楊怡) in The Hippocratic Crush

My Favorite Classic Role (5-Year Anniversary Special Award)
Michael Tse as Laughing Gor in E.U &lt;學警狙擊>

My Favorite TV Actor in a Supporting Role
Him Law (羅仲謙) in The Hippocratic Crush

My Favorite TV Actress in a Supporting Role
Nancy Wu (胡定欣) in Gloves Come Off

My Favorite TV Couple 
Kenneth Ma and Tavia Yeung in The Hippocratic Crush

My Favorite Most Improved Actor 
Oscar Leung (梁烈唯) in L’Escargot

My Favorite Most Improved Actress
Mandy Wong (黃智雯) in L’Escargot

My Favorite Promising Artist 
Koo Ming Wah as So Gei in Divas in Distress

My Favorite TV Theme Song
Highs and Lows — Raymond Lam

Top 15 My Favorite Characters
Ron Ng as Ting Koon Fung in L’Escargot
Kenneth Ma as Cheung Yat Kin in The Hippocratic Crush
Tavia Yeung as Fan Chi Yu in The Hippocratic Crush
Him Law as Yeung Pui Chung in The Hippocratic Crush
Roger Kwok as Emperor Chai Suen in Queens of Diamonds and Hearts
Michael Tse as Gordon “A1″ Lam in Sergeant Tabloid
Kevin Cheng as Tong Sap Yat in Gloves Come Off
Moses Chan as Cheung Sai-yon in Master of Play
Bosco Wong as Hui Wai Sam in Witness Insecurity
Linda Chung as Hailey Kiu Chi Lam in Witness Insecurity
Myolie Wu as Kris Wong Sze Fu in Ghetto Justice 2
Raymond Lam as Wai Sai Lok in Highs and Lows
Kate Tsui as Pat Chan Ka Pik in Highs and Lows
Wayne Lai as Li Lianying in The Confidant
Ruco Chan in No Good Either Way

PREVIOUSLY ON 28.11.2012
Never have I ever had any free tickets which says VIP1 with seat no. VVIP lane D. Sounds close eh? And VVIP! Which means I must dress nice. Probably just a name. Hoping to see some stars on Sunday 2nd December and I am sure to give you a detailed report but then someone might ask "Why bother since TV showing live?". Ahhhh that means you have never been to a live show! It is great because you get behind the scenes stuff!! Anyway, evidence of the awesomeness of the ticket number and lane...

Supersize it!!


Wow, me.. VVIP... perhaps there is a VVVIP, VVVVVIP, VVVVVVVVVVIP which means I am righttttttt at the back! I wonder who is coming though? Moses and Wayne probably.


15 comments:

  1. Funn, this is so exciting! Hopefully you get to sit close to aisle and can spot all the stars when they strut down the red carpet!

    Aside from photos, take plenty of video clips which will give you more vivid memories to look back on.

    Who are you most excited to see live in person? Surely Kevin Cheng will make an appearance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I will be at the red carpet. Probably will be drenched since it is raining every day.

    Most excited? Kevin yes, maybe Wayne as well. Hopefully Raymond Wong will make an appearance, am curious is he so sickly looking in real life.

    Which reminds me to bring my telescope?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attendance List:
    Wayne Lai, Kevin Cheng, Raymond Lam, Ron Ng, Him Law, Oscar Leung.

    Tavia Yeung, Kate Tsui, Myolie Wu, Mandy Wong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Full List of attending TVB artistes and confirm getting awards:

    http://i.imgur.com/jex8n.jpg

    +Moses Chan, Koo Ming Wah, Nancy Wu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Law Ba really changed Kevin a lot. He used to be shy. But, since Law Ba, he has become more relax and confident.

    Michael Tse also smiled through out the fans meet in Penang last time he came. Happy guy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kidd, I think BBJX changed Kevin, not Law Ba.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Him Law is cute with the 'thank Tavia Yeung' after audience urges him to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah he admitted, he said I thank Yeung Yi and then tried to explain why he thanked her. But Tavia, didn't even budge. I find her rather unrelentingly composed, almost not quite human. Her cutest moment was with Raymond where she knocked on his head gently. Did you see that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funn, I have not watch the award how. I don't have Astro in my place. I only get to watch Astro when I'm back to hometown.

    I only comment base on what you wrote.

    I someone will put up the show somewhere so I can watch.

    Your praising of Kevin's look makes want to see him in real life very much. See whether he really is that handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kidd, Kevin Cheng is really more handsome in person, chiseled face I would say. But downside is a bit short. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kidd,

    Very handsome and smiles with a twinkle in his eyes, all the time. Like he is really happy. Yes a bit short but slender. Raymond same height what and no one says Raymond is short. 5 10 my foot!

    Raymond on the hand seems forced.

    Koo Ming Wah also looks very good in person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funn,
    It was very interesting reading your recap! TVB artists are often in Malaysia promoting dramas and making appearances, so it is not that hard to find out their schedule and meet them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jayne,

    I am not the type to chase after idols so to speak. So I don't ever go to airports or shopping complexes for meet and greet.

    Have you done that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bosco and Linda can't attend because they're filming 'A Change of Heart' and 'Big Wheels' respectively.

    Niki said 'ACOH' will only finish filming right before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Him Law is a sweet and great boyfriend. I wish my boyfriend would thank and praise me publicly too but he never did. Tavia is so lucky. :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for the timebeing.