Mini Adsense

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Les Miserables [2012][0]

Post a comment Print or Download as PDF

I have only a very short review for Les Miserables, starring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway. And my review is as such.

Russell Crowe is fantastic in the acting department but his singing is.. flat... Hugh Jackman would have gotten an oscar nomination in my eyes if he is asked to speak rather than sing and Anne Hathaway is Anne Hathaway which is not very good. Love the first 10 minutes of the movie, fantastic visuals, some songs were good, some were great but frankly after 1 hour of singing after singing (where singing replaces dialogue), this being a musical I understand, but I wished the actors stop singing and start speaking normally. The singing became annoying after that because it felt silly, out of place and they aren't very good singers to begin with. Les Miserables is a great story but many things changed in this movie or rather deleted from the movie or even simplified. But it is true, what a truly miserable life the characters have in the movie! I felt terrible after the movie.

In short, I wished this was Bollywood musical which cleverly mixes dialogue and musical. By being 100% musical, it just feels strange. I mean even the musicals of olden days like Oliver had moments when the characters stopped singing and started talking. This Les Miserables never had that moment. When I walked out of the cinema, I felt if life was a musical and I sang to my friends and all, how silly that would be.

Other than that, quite a good movie.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for the timebeing.