Mini Adsense

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Back into the abyss of wilderness

Post a comment Print or Download as PDF

05.12.2014 
Out of abyss and back to civilisation but barely. I am now on telco data service, which is amongst the expensive is considered affordable that is UMobile. At least here got coverage and connection is ok. I am never quite those Unifi person. This will have to do until hopefully someday I got fibre thing. The plan is this; 8am to 2am is 7GB (per month!! Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!) which I will use for blogging and writing and surfing and watching youtube clips sparingly. 2am to 8am is 14GB (per month!! WHAT?!) which I will use to download stuff, like 3 or 4 movies per month plus some updates to software and go to my Second Life. I don't even think I can last past 2.15am which means mostly weekends. I thought what a silly soul crushing data plan until I checked out the others and all are like that. I think I can survive, no data wastage. I have decided not to pay my Streamyx anymore since I am not using it until my relocation is successful which I doubt it. At least I am back with my BFF. Seriously, why is data plan with telco so darn expensive?!

I got a choice between Mifi and the USB. Unfortunately Mifi is sold out so I chose USB. Sounds silly that I chose USB but I thought I won't simply access except through my BFF. Control data usage you see.

Sigh. Barely out of the abyss but I am surviving. I am on lower dosage of my "drug" for now.





02.12.2014 
Not even abyss of wilderness but back to the stoneage. Apparently my area absolutely no signal... as in no telephone signal! Can you believe it? Let's not talk about fibre line, broadband, whatever, NO TELEPHONE SIGNAL means no telephone. AT. ALL!!!!!!!!!! Horror, shock!!! Do I know need to depend on my mobile date which is like me counting every MB like how the movie Interstellar is counting the minutes? Can I ever download my favourite epub files ever again? I feel like Malaysia, Multimedia Super Corridor, and yet here I am, at some I suppose wormhole? No no wormhole is to another galaxy, better civilisation. Let's not even talk about 5th dimension. I am now stuck in 1st dimension. 

No tel, no internet, nothing. Life is back to churning butter all on my own. No youtube videos, no watching my favourite videos online, no uploading, downloading, updating, deleting, searching.... no more freedom in data and now counting every data I am using. And my decade long Streamyx account? The end. No more price guarantee. Maybe I should enquire, like do I have to pay for a line I can't use? Or will it be "executed" along with my old phone number and so when my place enters steel age (as opposed to stoneage), I will need to pay double the price? I will gladly pay double the price if I can have broadband fibre whatever you call it.

Insane! INSANE!!! Help! HELP!!!! 

Even more insanity! After installing (again) ASTRO, suddenly missing many many many HD channels. Well not Chinese HD channels. God forbid ASTRO ON DEMAND HD is not available, oh the riot! So I still have my Overachievers, which is ironic because our telephone providers all underachievers.

Also, guess what? Tripple whammy for me! Postal service... na-da. I sent myself a letter 2 weeks ago, never ever arrive, ever. Stuck perhaps in the black hole or something. Isn't all these ready and good to go? No? 

Want a quadruple whammy? I don't think I can take it but I suspect, even rubbish collectors are not fully covering my area. BUT THANK GOD for electricity and LOW water pressure. But at least got water.

Worst though, no Jusco. It must be decreed every housing area must have Econsave, Tesco, Giant AND Jusco all next to one another. Never shopped at Econsave, am neautral towards Giant, feels like my soul is ripped apart everytime I enter Tesco (love and hate!) but Jusco is my kinda place and it is nowhere near my now present place.

Why? My new place is between 2 very old place (Cheras, densely populated, Kajang, also densely populated) and yet... stoneage.

People, if I am absent online or posting in my blog, I am still alive and well but waiting, waiting for that fibre optic whatever and Mr Postman to arrive, waiting till the end of time and am will still wait.

You know what I miss most? The ability to not count data, like how you don't need to count calorie when eating. Now everyday the data ticking away is like a bit of my inner soul being sliced away. Life in the face of internet is quite simply non existent, for me. I did mention I may (well I am) be Internet Dependency Addict to which my only cure is ... well ... to get out of one dimension.

To those working in ASTRO, where's the HD?

To those working in TM, where's the signal?

To those working in Jusco, where's the nearby Jusco?

To those living in the same area as I, are you suffering too?

Life is fair, give and take. Nice house, and not much else for me. My best friend, that is my computer lays switched off. I feel bad for my BFF in coma. Sigh...

P/S My mom is suffering too. She depends heavily on telephone to contact her pals as much as I depend on blogging to talk. Now she is totally cut off. Insanity I tell ya!

29.11.2014 
I haven't been blogging much because I am moving home. And the new place it's cave man like. No internet connection so I will need to find a suitable Telco alternative. Until then I am blogging from my phone. My Lumia Phone. No more torrents and video watching. Hard to believe eh? We are modern world and yet no tel line at all. Insane.


5 comments:

  1. You need fibre :), apply online get discount :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get your online and TV connections sorted out soon. I can live without TV, but not the Internet. When I go on a cruise vacation and floating at sea, I feel restless not checking online for days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No water!! No fibre whatever!! Doomed! Doomedddddddddddddddd!!!!!

      Delete
    2. that's suck, you can request for telephone coverage, mobile coverage as well I think

      let me guess, there should be nearest Jusco at Cheras Selatan?

      no unlimited Internet sucks

      Delete
  3. Funn,
    Use Internet connection from work for time being? Or Internet from local library? Surfing and quick reading can be done on phone, but the extended sessions must be inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for the timebeing.