Mini Adsense

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

[O] News at a glance : Where the world's going bonkers

Post a comment Print or Download as PDF

The world is going bonkers. So many things have happened in the past month or so, so hard to keep up, whether internationally or even locally.

I shall not comment much on locally, in our hearts we know or suspect the truth. What I must comment is on some report that Internet must be regulated for "our" protection. I am sorry but I disagree with that. That's how it starts isn't it? Any sort of restriction always starts with "our" protection. We don't need protection. We need free access so that we can judge for our own. Netizens were right to counter that if one gets accused in social media, which is a large court mind you, instead of shutting down the social media, why not prove it in social media? Whilst it is wishful thinking to say to prove it in a platform where everyone doesn't quite care about proof, it is a better idea than to restrict and close door. We are a nation of Multimedia Super Corridor and imagine what a laughing stock we are if our corridor is blocked? Leave it as it is. Malaysia is a tolerant moderate country in the eyes of the world, let's leave it that way.

And then there's MH370, where the debris are finally found, checked and confirmed. I know some victims' families refuse to give up hope, refuse to believe this is it, they're all gone and so demand for more proof. But the thing is, it is time to move on from are they alive (which from day 1 I suspected the worst) to the real question; why. They have a right to know and I hope more debris will shed some light. Some families may feel any answer is a cover up; even right now some still believe there were conspiracy and Malaysia is hiding something. We may be hiding a lot of things and we may have been too eager to pronounce something but when it comes to MH370, we are not hiding anything. We know as much as the next. I am quite touched to read Australia is still helping or rather leading the search. I wonder who is paying them and if payment is required, errr maybe some political funding can be used eh? For good use? It will some years but I believe one day we will know what happened and I believe it will exonorate the captain and his crew and prove to be the watershed in safety in aviation history. For one, I do not believe the captain or his crew did any hanky panky. The captain especially was under huge spotlight but from what I could read and gather from the news, again nothing concrete. Maybe in the end there is a perfectly reasonable explanation that is so simple, we will be smacking our faces for being so stupid not to see it and prevent the tragedy from happening.

Now internationally,things are just insane.

Read about ISIS raping girls as young as single digit age because they're not Muslims and to get closer to god, they had to do that. I can never get the logic because there isn't any. Also they can only rape non-halal girls, meaning non convert. Again, this defies logic. If they can't eat non-halal food, surely they shouldn't be able to rape non-halal people isn't it? Rape... what a terrible thing to do and to think that getting closer to good meant sexually abusing a little girl not yet having her period. Not yet a woman. There must be something about this somewhere. I have many Muslim friends, I grow up in Muslim country and nowadays you can't live too far away from a huge super mosque and at least 3 surrounding smaller mosques called surau and so you get their sung prayer several times a day. I got used to all that and sometimes even jokingly to myself said perhaps they should get better singers because when sung well, the prayer has a melodic calming tune to it. This is how my life is in a Muslim country. Yes we have our hiccups but none of them, those god fearing muslims will ever say raping an 8 year old is the way getting closer to god. Even they think that is one big pile of crappy justification. It pains me to read such news but in a way I am glad I am far away from such things. In fact recent news said an abducted western woman was also raped repeatedly by the top man, like his private comfort woman. It sickens me that they see a vagina, they see release of sexual pent up energy. So much sexual pent up energy. Do these people ever know the meaning of love? And joke if British girls and what nots travelling there to volunteer as brides. And when done, regretted and wanted to come home. Oh no way! No way! Could be a ruse! In the end this is like a repeat of WWII and their comfort women. And these girls never ever had a chance. Never.

Then there's the Tianjin blast with I read 2.x richter scale. So powerful even the paints of new cars were blown off. Firemen died, always firemen and now people evacuated because breathing cyanide is surely not the way to go. I was waiting for wailing relatives ala MH370. I know that sounds terrible but if you want to compare transparency, ha! Try China! If Fukushima had happened in China, the entire town had to be evacuated. The force of the explosion was so great, there's even a huge hole! What on earth happened there? Is safety such a non issue? Pity the people.

On a lesser scale, remember there was a news report in Taiwan about a group of people attending some concert and fire started from the powder confetti used? People were literally running around on fire? That was scary. Imagine that. No one ever checked if that powder can be used in that context. And what happened? People died a terrible death or will suffer aganozing skin grafts for many years to come.

Same goes for the roller coaster ride report where a girl lost her leg. Can never understand how safety can be so neglected. Just insane.

And now Bangkok, Thailand. I was in Thailand some time ago and I think I also went to the Erawan Shrine. I can't remember if my hotel was nearby. I read heartbreaking stories of a Malaysian family where 4 of the family members died or something like that. How they are afraid to tell the old grandmother. It is a matter of pure bad luck and this reminds me of the Boston Marathon bombing. That was vicious. This is also vicious. This is Thailand; land of the buddhists where they accept transgender people, where they have rallies and protests almost every week and when I was there also got protests but was peaceful, nothing bad happened. Why the bomb? And at a time where the area is busiest. That is just plain malicious vicious evil act to do. I don't get it.

World's going bonkers.

And Malaysia's Ringgit ... I wanted to buy some stuff in USD and I had the shock of my life how a few hundred in USD translated to almost a thousand in MYR. 

We are not ok. I hope someone is doing something to fix these not ok stuff.

The world's really going bonkers.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for the timebeing.